This week’s menu features easy dinner ideas like Chicken and Corn Soup, Fajita Enchilada Lasagna, Couscous Antipasto Salad, and lots more!
Happy Fourth of July! How are you going to spend the holiday? We’re thinking of doing a tour of a few parades and festivals in some small towns just south of San Francisco and probably skipping fireworks except whatever we can see from our house. Whatever your plans are, I hope you have a fun and safe time!
You might have fun dinner plans for tonight, but the rest of the week you will probably need some easy dinner recipes! I’ve put together this lineup of seven easy dinner ideas that will be just right for the coming week.
- Chinese-Inspired Chicken and Corn Soup – This one might not seem like a summer recipe at first, but corn is great this time of year! The recipe calls for frozen corn, but of course fresh corn cut off the cob would be even better. (It’s also great for nursing summer colds, which we happen to be battling at The Weary Chef HQ this week!)
- Old-Fashioned Corn Pudding with Spicy Molasses Chicken – Speaking of corn, give this corn pudding (which is more like a casserole) a try with this easy, spicy chicken. Sliced tomatoes would be a good way to complete the meal.
- Skillet Sausage Pasta with Summer Vegetables – Looking for more ways to use all that zucchini and squash? This quick and easy pasta dish is just the thing!
- Chicken Fajita Enchilada Lasagna – If you have as much trouble as I do making decision, then this mixed-up (and delicious!) Mexican lasagna recipe is just for you!
- Couscous Antipasto Salad – You can serve this delicious pasta salad on its own or as a side to whatever meat you are throwing on the grill.
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches – It’s always good to have a crockpot recipe in the lineup for busy evenings, and this is one of my favorites. This recipe makes for great lunch leftovers too!
- Quinoa Cucumber Salad over Fish – This fresh, light salad is great served over grilled, baked or sauteed fish. Not a seafood fan? It goes great with chicken too!
What’s for dessert? Try these Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies! The cool mint is just right for a warm summer day!