This Easy Weekly Dinner Menu features Easy Jambalaya, Franks and Beans, Asian Slow Cooker Beef, Cajun Oven Fries, and lots more!
Is it August yet? My little one is out of school this month, and it’s hard to keep up with blogging and housework and anything else. I’m used to having about 15 hours/week of kid-free time, and now I have a sidekick with me at all times. I am happy for him to have a break from the school routine and to spend time together, but he is watching more TV than I would like so I can get a little work done! If I am a little slower to respond or miss a post here and there for the next couple weeks, you’ll know why.
I DID have time this week to take new photos of a couple old favorites: Cajun Oven Fries and Cajun Jambalaya. Apparently I was in the mood for cayenne pepper! (When am I not in the mood for cayenne?) I’m happy to bring back these recipes and share some new ones as well. I also have a pizza idea at #7 that is exclusive to this menu!
This week’s guest recipe is from the funny, talented Heather of Sugar Dish Me. Her personality shows through in all of her creative and delicious recipes like her Pickle Chicken I tried last night. It is super easy and was a major hit at our house! I made my own fries, but I’m sure her garlic fries included in the recipe are fabulous too. Now let’s get to your easy weekly dinner menu!
- Pickle Chicken by Sugar Dish Me with Cajun Oven Fries (add some grape tomatoes on the side to feel good about yourself for eating a vegetable)
- Franks and Beans with Sweet Potatoes (not to be missed!)
- Slow Cooker Asian Beef with Vegetables
- Easy Cajun Jambalaya (serve with a side salad)
- Stovetop BBQ Chicken with Cheddar Chive Rice (and your favorite green vegetable)
- Standup Oven Tacos
- P is for Pizza: Pepperoni Provolone Pizza with Peppers and Parmesan! (Exclusive to this menu, so pin it from here!)I got carried away with the “P” toppings on this fun and tasty pizza. You can use whatever dough you like, but I used Pillsbury Gluten Free Pizza Dough, which was delicious and super easy. Top it with $1 Homemade Pizza Sauce, layer baby spinach leaves over the sauce, and then arrange provolone slices, pepperoni, and pickled mild or jalapeño peppers over the cheese. Sprinkle grated parmesan over the top, and bake until brown and bubbly. (Cooking time will vary depending on the type of crust you use.)