This easy weekly dinner menu features Spicy Cheeseburger Rice, Skillet Thai Curry, Salmon Nachos, Tuna Noodle Casserole, and lots more!
Something exciting happened this week: Starbucks brought back eggnog lattes! I think eggnog lattes are singlehandedly responsible for any holiday weight gain for me. I LOVE them and figure I might as well indulge in them
daily often since they are only around for a limited time. Yesterday I was waiting for my second one in as many days, and a lady behind me in line starting ranting to the cashier: “Eggnog lattes! Eggnog is loaded with calories! Does anyone actually order those?!”
At this point I wasn’t sure if I should feel embarrassed or offended. Then she walked down to the counter and continued talking about it to the barista and my oldest son, who was waiting for my drink like any good son would. To the barista currently making my drink: “Does anyone really order eggnog lattes!?” To my son: “Did YOU order an eggnog latte?” At this point I stood up and said that I ordered it and that it’s my favorite drink. She said, “Did you get the grande size?” She really said that. I told her no, that I always get the smallest, and that the drink is made with a mix of eggnog and milk. It’s not just a paper cup full of eggnog.
I told my husband this story, and he said there’s a lot wrong with an eggnog latte but it’s not the calories. He is not an eggnog fan (yet I’m still married to him somehow), but he pointed out that all the caramel, chocolate, syrupy drinks at Starbucks are loaded with sugar and calories, so the lady was being ridiculous. I should have asked her what she ordered! Despite being heckled, I will continue to order my very favorite holiday drink and enjoy every last sip. Then my menus in January will be filled with salads to make up for it. Speaking of menus, that’s what I’m supposed to be talking about right now! Here are your seven easy dinner recipes for the week, and I hope you love them!
- Spicy Cheeseburger Rice – I’m so excited to share this one with you! It was an improvised dinner that I absolutely loved. You can adjust the spiciness to your taste.
- Skillet Green Curry – Speaking of rice how about this easy curry dish that all cooks in one pot?
- Healthy Stew with Sausage and Kale – You might remember seeing this recipe a long time ago when I shared it on TodaysMama, but I brought it home with updated photos. It’s such a hearty, good-for-you meal!
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Rosemary and Thyme – You’ll love the made-from-scratch flavor in this easy crockpot dinner.
- Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole – This casserole is made from scratch too with no canned soups!
- Sour Cream and Onion Potato Chip Chicken – This fun and tasty dinner will please the whole family. Serve it up with green beans or a salad.
- Salmon Nachos – This is one of my very favorite meals, like “I need to start a blog to share these nachos with the world” kind of favorite. Please try them if you haven’t!
Next Thursday is Thanksgiving. How is that even possible? I’d better go get an eggnog latte to sip while planning my menu… Have a great holiday week!