This week’s dinner menu includes easy ideas like Sriracha Ranch Chicken Salad, Pizza Sliders, Enchilada Chicken Quesadillas, and lots more!
Hello! Do you mind if I rant for a moment? It will be really quick, and then I’ll get straight to your easy dinner recipes. My oldest son’s class earns points for good behavior and then gets some sort of class party when they have enough points. Today was one of those parties, and do you know what it was? PJs and electronics. If you don’t think that makes sense, neither do I. The kids voted to be rewarded by wearing pajamas to school and bringing electronic devices from home. Everyone loves pajama day, so I get that, but I am not on board with the other part of this party. Apparently they get to play video games during two recess breaks and for the last hour of school today.
First of all, I think my kid gets more than enough screen time at home. Is playing games at school really the best way to celebrate with his friends? Secondly, this seems like a perfect opportunity for some kids to show off what they have and for other kids to feel bad if their families can’t afford to buy a DS or iPad or whatever else will be brought in today. Third, these things are expensive and delicate. Taking them to school seems like asking for heartbreak. I am not surprised kids came up with this idea, but I can’t believe the teacher approved it. I wanted to voice my opinion but didn’t want to be the parent ruining it for everyone, so instead I’m whining to you here. What do you guys think? Do you think this is an appropriate party for third graders?
For this and other reasons, I am so ready for summer break to start. I can’t even believe I’m saying this because usually the idea of my kids not being in school full time sends shivers down my spine, but I’m kind of over it this year. Yes, I will be stressed over the summer by my lack of kid-free time, but at least I won’t have school drama and volunteer requests to deal with! In honor of that sentiment, I’ve included some perfectly summery dinner ideas in this week’s menu. Let’s get to it! (This week, coupons for ingredients are at the end of the list.)
- Lemon Couscous Salad with Mint – This salad is so great for summer dinners. You can serve it with anything off the grill or stir in diced, cooked chicken to make it a meal on its own.
- Snakebite Sausage Pasta – Spice up your dinner plate a little!
- Enchilada Chicken Quesadillas – This two-ingredient chicken can be made on your stovetop or in the slow cooker. Then the quesadillas cook up in no time!
- Cajun Salmon Alfredo – This recipe doesn’t actually have anything to do with Summer, but I made it this week and remembered how much I love it. Such a delicious meal!
- Sriracha Ranch Chicken Salad – There are lots of ways to enjoy this super easy chicken salad. Put it on top of greens, or fill a bun or tortilla. Tasty and cool for warm days!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff – This is a reader favorite, and for good reason! My whole family loves this one, and I hope you do too.
- Pizza Sliders – You really can’t beat these cute little sandwiches for days when you’re extra weary.