Back to School Dinners including Oven Tacos, Beef Caesar Salad, Pizza Sliders, and lots more!
You guys, school starts Monday! I’m 90% happy and excited and 10% sad. It has been a really good summer, and I’ll miss the freedom of doing what we want when we want. I do crave getting back to a schedule and routine though. It’s good for my kids and good for my blog, but we sure have had fun hanging around and going on little adventures for the past couple months!
This week’s dinner menu focuses on back to school dinners. I’m talking about meals that you can throw together in a jiffy or that simmer away on the stove or slow cooker while you do other things like help with homework, go to piano lessons, or all the other things you have going on during the school year.
Personally, I like to keep our lives outside of school pretty unscheduled. One kid has a couple appointments he goes to each week, but beyond that we don’t have many weekly commitments. My best friend has four boys, and they are all in sports all year round. Her days revolve around who needs to be where for practices or games. That’s not the life for me, but I know it is for LOTS of parents. That’s why you need these seven easy dinner recipes!
To save you even more time, you can add these recipes to your meal plan and then customize it with the recipes you want to make and build a grocery list too. Find more details at the end of the post.
Now, let’s get to the back to school dinners!
- Chicken and Greens with Bacon – I just made a slightly modified version of this last night, and it was so dang easy and good. My boys won’t eat the greens, but they do like the chicken. I used chicken drumsticks, which I got for such a good deal. This one has it all with being easy, tasty, cheap, and low carb!
- Healthy Hamburger Stroganoff – Who can resist ground beef or turkey with noodles in a homemade, creamy sauce. Love this dinner!!
- Slow Cooker Beef Caesar Salad – The nice thing about this dinner is you can use the leftover meat in other ways to make a whole new dinner. I think it would be good served with Lemon Couscous Salad too.
- Standup Oven Tacos – I flippin’ love these, and so does my whole family.
- Pizza Sliders – You can’t beat these for a fast and easy spin on pizza night.
- Zesty Orange Seared Salmon Recipe – If you have time, try making shortcut Olive Focaccia Bread to go with this easy fish dish!
- Lemon Chicken Soup with Spinach – I promise to get around to taking new photos of this one soon. This is an all-time favorite at our house. Use rotisserie chicken, shredded carrots, and instant rice to make it in a hurry!
Click the button below to add all these recipes to your meal plan, and then you can click here to customize your menu and create a grocery list. (You can also go there to build a meal plan from scratch if you want to choose different recipes.) If you have any problems or questions with this feature, email me!
|January 1SaturdayDay 1||January 2SundayDay 2||January 3MondayDay 3||January 4TuesdayDay 4||January 5WednesdayDay 5|
|Sour Cream Strawberry Muffins (12)|
|Chicken and Greens with Wine and Bacon (4)||Healthy Hamburger Stroganoff from Scratch (4)||Slow Cooked Beef Caesar Salad (6)||Easy Oven Baked Tacos (4)||Pizza Sliders (4)|
|Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies (18)|
|Click on a recipe for more detailsSelected Recipe: Selected Recipes:|
Save to Meal Planner Add Course Print Recipes Print Plan Generate Shopping List
Add GroupAdd Ingredient Save Print
Leave a Reply